Wednesday, February 18, 2015



"It won't be like this for long, one day we'll look back laughing at the week we brought her home"







"There are places in the heart you don't even know exist until you love a child."

You have blessed our life for 28 days. 
Everyone told your Dad and I to enjoy our alone time and that everything was about to change. 
And now I wonder what we ever did without you. 
We still watch netflix, order take out, and cuddle on the couch. 
But it's different now, instead of paying immensely close attention to the TV, 
now we stare at you, we laugh at your expressions, and kiss your little cheeks. 
Mom has gotten used to her food becoming cold, and still an hour later, eating it anyways. 
I try not to use you as a napkin but somehow between holding you in my arms and 
reaching for my food.. It always ends up on you.
 And cuddling is our favorite. 


When dad comes home you get your daddy daughter time, 
he takes you in his arms and you cuddle on the couch, 
sometimes you both fall asleep and to me it's the sweetest thing. 
I love to watch your daddy love you. 
But the second you hint at a dirty diaper, it's game over and daddy hands you over. 


Sometimes your needy, but that's okay cause I'm needy to. 
Some days you fall asleep in my arms and the second I put you in your bed, 
you peek one eye open, glance around the room,
 realize you aren't in mommys arms and you cry, 
I pick you up, you stop crying, fall asleep and repeat- 
sometimes we play this game all day long. 
But it's okay cause I think it's pretty cute. 
Other days you sleep in your bed and you don't even squeak and then
 I start to miss you cause I get needy to
 so the selfish momma in me comes out and I steal you from your bed..
Trying to cherish every moment being your momma.



You hate your car seat and you scream {one}time to let me know. 
You love the sound of rain and it puts you right to sleep. 
When you wake me up in the middle of the night I'm always so happy to see you.
 I kiss you, and hug you, and squeeze you. And sometimes daddy wakes up and kisses you too. 
And I hope you know you are far better than moms sleep, and losing sleep has never been so worth it.


You look a lot like your daddy and to him that never gets old. 
He has nicknamed you "little shark" 
We'll tell you why when you are older.
And everyday a text from dad "How's our little shark?"
I get in trouble if I don't send him enough pictures of you all day long.
He is one proud daddy.
He told me he is so glad we had a daughter and that you have him wrapped around his finger just like your momma. 


We love you more and more everyday, 
you are as beautiful as this new life you've given us and you will forever be our little girl. 








No comments:

Post a Comment