Friday, January 16, 2015

The Struggle is Real

Here I am, 12 days from my due date
& I just have to laugh at how ridiculous I am.




This right here is my unnecessary lunch for today.
Because just stopping at one place simply did not make the cut.
And if the dunkin donut AND the krispy kreme donut makes no sense to you,
don't worry it doesn't make sense to me either.
Besides the fact that Dunkin Donuts was next to Kneaders but after getting it I remembered
I am loyal to Krispy Kreme so of course I had to make another pit stop.

So basically, lately, Hazel has been a tease.
Last Wednesday I was having the most intense contractions.
They started at 11 p.m. and they just got worse from there.
I took a bath to try to ease my discomfort & actually it just intensified.
I always told myself I would not go to the hospital unless I knew for certain
it was the real thing. So, finally at 4 in the morning. I went upstairs to our bedroom
where my sweet husband was trying to get some sleep and as calmly as I could I said
"I'm ready when you are"
So, we (he) loaded the car with the essentials, the car seat, the diaper bag, the boppy, my hospital bag etc and we were on our way.

We get to the hospital and the nurse asked me how far apart my contractions were..
Me (completely clueless) told her that they were probably 7-10 minutes apart.
And they hook me up to the monitor and the nurse is like "Oh no hunny, they are two minutes a part."
TWO minutes. This did nothing other than satisfy me that I was in labor
and I was having this baby (ha)
My Dr had told me at my last appointment that when my
contractions were 5-7 mins apart to head straight to the hospital.
So me being naive, thought I was golden.
Because why wouldn't I be going into labor if my contractions are 2 minutes apart?

They check to see what I am dilated to and I am 2cm.
So they decide to have me walk for an hour around the hospital to see if I progress.
I know I looked like a penguin trying to walk, and then they give me only ice chips but no water
and tell me to "stay hydrated" ha.
I swear I'm walking pretty fast when one of the nurses comes up to me and tells me to "walk faster"
As you can tell, I was having the time of my life.
Jordan was sleeping in my hospital bed ( I seriously made him )
While the whole hour I was walking I am texting my best friends
& they are like you're having this baby!!
& asking when they can come to the hospital
& let's just say we all got our hopes up probably a little too high..

One hour later..
I am still dilated to a 2
No progress
& just like that I get sent home
Haha um. Depressing.
And the nurse says
"Well we will plan on seeing you tonight, or soon because I doubt you will make it to your due date"

And now.
We wait.
And if I do go to my due date.
Which I am convinced now that I am,
it will seem even longer wait then it did before.
AHH.
And there is all my complaining for now.

And a quick little thank you to my husband,
who has been an absolute dream.
I swear I never think I can fall more in love with him
and I always do.

And if you want a good laugh.
Just watch my belly in this video.






No comments:

Post a Comment