Friday, October 3, 2014




24 weeks.
<Just a little pregnancy update>



Officially saying hello to October! Which means baby girl will be here in 3 months.
So here are a few facts about my pregnancy so far:

-First trimester: Hated it. Migraines. Tired. Sick. Sick. And Sick. I would go to the Dr and be losing weight, so I hated even stepping on the scale. I joked with Jord one day after having a 12 hour migraine that we were only having one kid. Even though at the time I said it I was slightly serious. No food ever tasted good, and I never wanted to eat cause something just told me I would be throwing it up later. And most of the time I was right, the food that made me the most sick- pizza & hamburgers. So I quickly learned to avoid Five Guys, Inn-N-Out, Little Caesars and The Pizza Place.

-Second Trimester: Loving every minute of it! I never thought I would gain back my energy. I am back to working full time (which is so nice with my baby shopping addiction) and I clean like crazy. Just ask Jordan if it has ever been normal for me to be up at 7 in the morning starting laundry, or vacuuming the entire house at midnight.. Because for someone who loves their sleep as much as I do. Its definitely not normal, but hey no one is complaining. Our house is not only getting deep cleaned, but organized, decorated, and painted. Oh and food? It has never tasted better. 

-Weight gain: So far I have gained 5 lbs. But I feel like it fluctuates, and I just know by the end that number on the scale will just keep getting bigger and bigger. I do hate wearing anything tight, and even though I still manage to squeeze my jeans on.. Just know I'm hating every second of it and would much rather be in sweats.

-Size of the baby: Currently as long as an ear of corn. I can tell she has gotten a lot bigger just these past couple of weeks because I haven't felt her kick until this week. At the beginning of my pregnancy my Dr told me I wouldn't feel this baby until she got bigger because of my placenta. I still don't feel her all day, but when I do feel her kick don't be surprised when you all of a sudden see me with the biggest smile on my face for no reason.

-Favorite food: Hmm so I probably shouldn't admit this, but I get Krispy Kreme at least 3 times a week. I just die over the pumpkin spice donuts they have right now! Ah, so good. It also doesn't help that Krispy Kreme is literally 3 minutes away from our house. I will take full blame if our little girl comes out a total sugar addict. 

-My mood: Okay, so maybe I am trying way too hard to not be that moody pregnant wife.. But Jord told me the other day he wishes I was pregnant all the time (I have to document that for the future) I asked him why he wishes that, and he told me that I have always treated him good but now that I am pregnant its over the top, he also told me he is the happiest he has ever been in our marriage, brownie points for him... So even if I am trying too hard at least its working, and I'll get back to you on that during the Third Trimester.

-Misc: We recently bought a crib, bassinet, stroller, and a car seat. Ah it feels so good to check things off the baby list! I am on the hunt for a rocking chair and I don't feel like spending a million dollars, so if you have any suggestions please, feel free. I would be lying if I said she didn't already have a full wardrobe complete with leggings, bows, beanies, dresses, tights, boots, flats, moccasins, and even a swimsuit! The first place we will be taking her for a little vacation will be to St. George when she is about 3 months old. My grandparents live in Idaho, but during the winter they live in St. George so we will be going to see them and will definitely make sure that she is a baby fish by the time we come back home.

That's all for now, I don't want to bore anyone with facts about my pregnancy but for those of you that do care there is a little update, xoxo.










No comments:

Post a Comment